WG 7 Hostile-to-life Environments
The working group focuses on the requirements and technologies for the application of self-learning systems in difficult-to-access and dangerous environments. It also addresses issues related to the transparency of such systems and the decision-making power of human individuals.
Key questions for the working group
- Which avail do self-learning systems have in hostile-to-life environments for individuals and society?
- How does adaptation and compensation for function- and subsystems failures work in those environments?
- How does autonomous learning succeed in long-term remote (autonomous) systems?
- How can the systems learn from sparse data in unique situations (keyword: incremental learning)?
- How can skills and generalized learning (inductive learning) be transferred?
- Which challenges can occur when AI is used against humans (keyword: dual-use)?