WG 3 IT Security, Privacy, Legal and Ethical Framework
Rafe Swan/Getty Images
The working group focuses on security, safety, and privacy issues in the development and application of self-learning systems. It also analyses the concurrent legal and ethical demands and engages in close exchange with the other working groups.
Key questions for the working group
IT Security and Privacy
- How can we use AI for protection of IT-systems?
- Which new threats can occur when attackers are using AI?
- What could possibly happen when AI-systems are attacked and how can we protect them?
- How can we guarantee a flexible handling with (individual-related) data for AI-application, while preserving the right for informational self-determination?
Law and Ethics
- Which challenges occur when it comes to liability, criminal responsibility and fundamental legal and ethical issues?
- How can we shape those systems to preserve human autonomy and basic rights, equal opportunities and prevent discrimination?
- Is it reasonable to introduce a right for data ownership?
- How can society actively participate during the implementation of self-learning systems?